The Silver Skate Festival is a celebration that invites visitors to experience the beauty and diversity of winter programming in Edmonton. The festival has been creating winter experiences for over 33 years, Edmonton’s oldest and largest winter festival is about celebrating our Canadian Winter Story through Arts, Culture, Recreation, Sport, and culinary programming. The festival is all about showcasing and celebrating the incredible talent and creativity that we have right here in Edmonton. Silver Skate Festival represents Edmonton’s diverse multicultural community and embraces winter as a positive feature of our Northern lifestyle.
30 hours a week for 9 weeks at $20.00 per hour.
This position receives funding from Canada Summer Jobs. To be eligible you must be between the ages
of 15 and 30 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with a team made up of Executive Producer, staff,
contractors, and outside stakeholders.
- Under the direction of the Folk Trail/Live Theatre Coordinator help to create and distribute our play package information.
- Work with the Silver Skate team on Marketing strategies.
- Work with Festival Producer on Grant reporting and Grant writing.
- sorting through archival Silver Skate Festival photos and videos.
- Draft articles for the Silver Skate Festival and create Social Media posts.
- Assist with the commissioning of new works and program administration.
- Assist with program Fund Development
- Look into creating new sponsorship opportunities.
- Help build Environmental, Societal and Governance KPI’s based on various sets of data including (but not limited to) education, Environment, Governance and Society census data.
- Undertake duties deemed relevant to the post by negotiation.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to Festival policies and values.
- Have creative flair, effective problem-solving strategies, and work sensitively in partnership with those involved in the Festival.
- Have strong people skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ensure strong and clear communication within the organization about development of all Festival projects.
- Ensure that all projects and programs are documented and evaluated.
The Arts Administrator reports directly to the Executive Producer and the Folk Trail/Live Theatre
Coordinator. Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Friday May 19th, 2023.